Style of the story
The story is 90% in the same style as season 1, written by scriptwriter Song Jae-Jung.
- A story that progresses rapidly without time-out.
- No unnecessary or filling scenes.
- Use of secondary scenes to clarify the plot, rendering of the characters, present a rich content in itself.
- Frequent and surprising twists and turns, major plot-twists.
- Cliffhangers almost omnipresent.
- Sequences of events that are impossible to predict.
- An important depth on the psychological and existential levels.
- Many cult, emblematic, visually striking scenes.
- Chilling scenes that give you goose bumps, because of their mysterious or grandiose side.
- Jubilant, two-way conversations, surrealist, due to the "mise en abîme".
- Strong and sincere emotions, as in all dramas.
- Romances and poignant situations to break your heart.
- Action, suspense and a good dose of horror.
- A story that crosses the boundaries of Imagination.
Add to that, the specificities of season 2 are as follows...
- Respect of the manhwa rules from season 1.
- Exposition of a coherent interpretation of the phenomena encountered during the season 1.
- More explanations, reinforcing the logical side of the story, make it easy to understand.
- Various situations making the drama more accessible to an audience that has not seen season 1.
- Many new rules and unknown phenomena derived from the W concept.
- A very strong cohesion from beginning to end, resembling a gigantic puzzle.
- A tangle of situations and meanings overlapping over the entire plot.
- More comedy scenes.
- A focus on several main characters, rather than a main duet, although there is a more important duo.
- A plot that goes crescendo from beginning to end.
- A 2nd half part of the drama crazy and frenetic, the first part being also intensive.
- A more spectacular side.
- Philosophical and psychological themes different from those of Season 1.
- Timeless universal archetypes, Korean equities.
- Use some characters from W again, to avoid repeating the initial themes/riddles, and go further.
- A decidedly more advanced orientation, to compensate that Season 1 already established the concept.
- A story that goes so far that no other W season would be interesting afterwards.
- Some situations bordering on the limit of what is usually shown in a Korean drama.
- Some situations that can be quite harsh or disturbing, but without any mature content.
- An original and complete development of the W concept, rather than a simple extension.
- A story that goes beyond Imagination. ^^
Tags: Style, story, specificities, w two worlds season 2
CommentsNo comments yet
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires